Dear friends, the project was made by Kris and my students from 4th grade. They have decided to present a Bulgarian folk tale and a folk children song.
Bulgarian folk tale
A lumberjack had two sons. Every time when they were in the forest together, he needed help from them. Once lumberjack has prepared the wagon and told his sons:
- Come on, boys, go alone in the forest for firewood. I will stay at home for a rest because I'm very tired.
Boys were delighted that their father could rely on them, and went out in the forest. When the older one left the house, looked back to his father and said:
- Well Dad, if we damage the car, who will fix it?
- No worries - replied the father - if you break down the car, call The Helper, it will fix it.
The boys went into the forest. They started cutting wood hastily, loaded and overloaded the car. The boys decided to go back.
In the middle of the road, when the wagon descended on a downhill, the overloaded car crashed. The boys were scared: but now how we will go back by the broken wagon with the wood? Then the older one reminded the words of his father and they started shouting The Helper:
- Heeeelpeeer!!! Heeeelpeeer!!! Come and fix our car!
-Heeeelpeeer!!! - Echoed louded the voice. - Come on, we need help!
But the forest was deaf and there wasn't any answer by the support.
It was getting dark. Birds returned to their nests. On the sky appeared pale moon.
The youngest son said:
- It was obvious that the Helper will not come. Who knows where it is now, probably fixing another car or lying under a tree. Let's try to fix the car by ourselves.
- How? - asked the older son. - It is not easy.
- I will engrave a new rod and I will try to replace it.
Said and done. The boy found a dry dogwood, cut it, carved it nice, made new hitch and put it instead of the broken one.
The boys went back.
They unloaded the woods from the car and told their father what had happened.
- Dear Dad, halfway of the road we have broken the hitch. We started calling The Helper - we shouted, shouted... but it did not answer, seemed to be lost in the ground. Then with blood, sweat and tears we have made a new hitch stronger than the old one.
The father smiled and said:
- Well, my sons, you were looking for the Helper, but the Helper was with you. It has helped you to repair the wagon. Think a bit and you'll see I'm right.